Sunday, July 11

Cheap Window Cleaner!


I have been a firm believer in Windex for most of my life, until recently.  For whatever reason my windows and mirrors have been streaking so bad lately that you can hard see out the windows and I can't see myself in the mirrors (no joke)!  I am not sure if it's because if the Michigan humidity now that it's summer or what the problem is, but I have have even tried microfiber cloths instead of my usual paper towels and that didn't work either. 

Today I was so frustrated that I couldn't properly clean the mirrors in my bathroom, that I decided to look up home-made recipes for window cleaner.  I came across this one and I cannot believe how well it worked:

  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap or detergent (I used dish soap)
  • 2 cups of water
Put all ingredients in a spray bottle.  Shake to blend and spray on your windows!  I even used newspapers as the article suggested (yes, I have lots of those) and they worked like a charm!

I just wanted to add that although I admit to being cheap, I REALLY did not try this to be cheap or save money.  I just wanted clean mirrors and windows.  I have stocked up bottles of Windex in the basement just waiting to be used.  I think I will be giving them away because the homemade window cleaner worked better (and it HAPPENS to be cheaper too)!  :)

-

No comments:

Post a Comment